Friday, August 12, 2011

What to do with the ugliest yarn known to man?

Ok I admit I try to be as positive as I can and I try not to be mean. I know someone designed the colors for this yarn. Honestly it is the ugliest yarn known to man. I will let you be the judge.
It is in shades of white, orange, red, yellow, and green. We have tried everything to tone it down we have added dark green to it, we have added brown to it which wasn't to bad. One day I was changing my seasonal altar and thought maybe if you put it on a wreath form and add a lot of fall stuff you wouldn't realize it is the ugliest yarn.
What you need:
wreath form
glue
yarn (ball the yarn it will make it easier to go around the wreath form)
fall leaves
strips of orange cloth (opt)
raffia


Using a little glue on the wreath form in your start location start wrapping the yarn until the entire form is covered. Add some glue on the end piece to keep it in place let dry.

wrap fall leaves around the form tying them in place with strips of cloth or pin them in place with floral pins
Add raffia for nice contrast. You could also add other fall accents like gourds, nuts, birds.
Finished fall wreath on the wall. Let us know what you think and any ideas you have for the ugliest yarn known to man because we have more than it took to make this wreath. Please give us ideas.

The Raven was here

No comments:

Post a Comment