Tuesday, May 24, 2011

My embroidery and sewing career.

I started sewing when I was 12 years old under the close supervision of my grandmother.  My first project was a 9 square quilt.  I remember sewing a block then she would look at my lines to make sure they were straight, most were not, and she would have me rip the seams and redo them.   I owe my love of sewing to her and grateful to the knowledge she gave me.  I inherited her old sewing machine, and even though she is no longer with me I still have a little bit of her that none of the grand kids can have.  

After a long hiatus from sewing I landed my dream job before I knew it was my dream job.  I was told about an opening at an embroidery shop, desperately in need of a job I applied and got it.  I got introduced to a mammoth 6 head 12 needle Tajima embroidery machine.  This job rejuvenated my love of sewing and got me interested in doing embroidery at home.  A few years later I purchased my first embroidery machine. A Singer Futura CE-100.   I was in embroidery heaven!  I would find anything I could to embroider on.  A lot of monogrammed towels were given that year.  It has really turned into something I want to do full time again.  

The CE-100 is getting older and like most computerized things is getting outdated so I figured it was time to upgrade her and purchase a new machine.   I am waiting very impatiently for my new machine to arrive.  Just 2 more days ACK!!!    I cannot wait for my new Singer Quartet 4.

This is where I am now, I hope to be doing this for a long time and eventually get back to working on that huge Tajima again.  I miss is so much.

Bun Bun

No comments:

Post a Comment